Chapter 19 of One More Year is Out!

  Chapter 19 is out HERE (Nifty) and HERE (Literotica)

I'm on track! I think! I hope!

Okay, last week was rough, but this week was slightly better. The new novel is still feeling like a bit of a slog. I may be facing the reality that it'll need a lot of reworking by the time January/Feb rolls around anyway. But I'm writing in the meantime, and maybe (hopefully) most of what I come up with will be worth something in the end. We'll see!

In the meantime, I'm much more excited about One More Year, which is a strange reversal of how these two stories interacted in the past. I've just finished the major reworking for chapter 20, and it's been bugging me on-and-off for months now. (Holy crap - almost half a year.) But anyway, it's in a really good state, and will be getting some polish soon.

I've also gotten some really good ideas for the reworks for 21 and 22, which will be less of a struggle, but I think it will really strengthen the story. And then I'm on to 23 and 24, which are my wrap-up chapters. I won't talk too much about any of that this week (because I'll probably need the blog fodder later) but I am ready and raring to go with all of that. 

Hopefully all this pep lasts - and I have to be honest, it's probably a by-product of the nano project feeling like such a slog. I've always kind of been this way - I'll run away from the thing that feels like work, and towards the thing that seems fun. But given how much I hate editing - and how that's still the main task with OMY - I had kind of thought it would be the other way around. OH WELL. Whatever works.

I'm trying to read more Jane Austen at the moment, because she kind of inspires me, as weird as that may seem. Sense and Sensibility has been good so far. I vaguely suspect I already read it - or at least tried to - when I was a teenager, but now I'm giving it a serious go and tacking it with some real romance brain. It'll be interesting to see what I can take away from that.

I'll probably blog about it at some point (since, like I'm always mentioning, this blog is an exercise in self-indulgence.) But I'm still currently sitting on my post about Pride and Prejudice (which had a major influence on OMY) so I'll probably drop that one first.

Anyway, if you read this - well, you knew what you were getting into, so I shan't apologise. But thanks if you did, and I'll see you around.

Beta Readers:

Instead of tacking a lengthy appeal on the end of each blog post, I've actually made a page for this, so if you want to Beta Read, check it out HERE.

Thanks to my current Beta Readers. Especially Dora, who continues to continue to persevere with me, like a goddamn hero. And thanks to everyone who's dipped in and out - even helping me for a chapter or two was great. It's just so nice to know they've passed before the eyes of some readers and nothing is obviously wrong with them.

Thanks so much for reading! If you're reading... Are my blog posts being stalked by bots? I definitely see numbers happening, but maybe it's just people clicking through from twitter for the chapter links - also a perfectly valid reason to swing by. If you are reading though, as always, feel free to say hi! 😁



Comments

  1. Bradley, thank you for this amazing story. its been a long time i've read such a good written and exciting story. im getting anxious waiting for each new chapter weekly. i am a South African and really do enjoy your writing style. please keep me posted. And keep up the good work. I am sure there is many more others out there enjoying this story, but i had to make some time leaving you a comment on how great this is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We're nearing the home stretch, so hopefully I don't keep you anxious for too long. 😊 I will keep posting these updates here, and on twitter (whichever suits you better) but you can fairly reliably expect a chapter a week here until mid-December, when I'll be wrapping things up.

      So great to hear from a fellow South African though! I always get unreasonably excited when I encounter things/people from here on the internet. 😁😁😁

      Glad to hear you're enjoying it. If you're interested in the mini-prequel, you can get that by signing up for my mailing list. (There's a form on the home page of this blog.) My monthly newsletter is also a good way (if slower) of staying up-to-date on my chapter releases. (And hearing about what I'm working on next.)

      Anyway, thanks for reading, and thanks for commenting! 🥰

      Delete
  2. Really looking forward to reading the next chapter.
    I went back and started reading your firat story, Another Day.
    I hope you keep getting the inspiration to keep writing such well written stories.
    I have signed up for the mailing list (thumbs up it works)
    Groete
    Fred

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankie Fred!

      I did get a new subscriber from SA not too long after this comment, so I'm guessing it went well. 😊 And thank you, glad you like Another Day. I hope I keep writing too, and it is going well so far. The next chapter is out, so you might want to check it out, if you haven't yet.


      Thanks again for all your kind words!

      Delete

Post a Comment