One More Year Chapter 7 is Out! (Another Day Rewrite)

Chapter 7 is out HERE (Nifty) and HERE (Literotica)

Delayed, but not disastrously so...

It's been roughly two weeks since Chapter 6, but not a rough 2 weeks, and this time the delay was actually intentional. I'm working on even more short stories now for even more places, and given that it might bring money in. Which I'd spend on things like buying a licence for Scrivener, or a commissioned cover for when I turn this into a novel. 

I thought it justified a slight delay. I'm also trying to give myself a bit of a break every now and then, because a day's rest sprinkled here and there makes me infinitely more productive than just forcing myself to write, edit or learn all the time.

This is going to be an INCREDIBLY brief post, unless I talk about the other things I'm doing, so I will do just that. I'm currently working on some speculative fiction stories for a publication that specifically does queer spec-fic, so that's pretty exciting. 

I had a fantasy concept, and a loose SciFi one, and I was halfway through working on the fantasy one (and struggling) when the SciFi concept fully developed, and I finished writing it in two days. It definitely hijacked the process. Not that I mind, of course. I haven't yet started editing it - so it might be garbage - but I was pretty pleased by what I achieved at the time.

I also have a story lying around from something I wrote for a reddit writing prompt, but it got too long to post, so I'm also planning on polishing that up - with some help from my writing group - and sending it on to another anthology, so we'll also see how that goes.

I have, as of yet, made $0 (or any currency whatsoever) from writing, but I hope to soon. At the moment, I'm trying to launch my writing career as a no-money-down business, and unless that continues to go badly for next year (always a possibility) I'm willing to wait for something to get picked up. The unfortunate part is that I've only just learned there's a market for short stories, so I don't have too many lying around - yet. You need a few to be able to efficiently make the rounds, apparently.

One More Year, and the rewrite of Perfection is Overrated (when I get around to writing it) I plan to make available, in their entirety, for free. So that does mean the majority of my energy is going into something that not going to ever directly make me money - which is fine. I did set out to do it this way.

The important thing with both stories is that I finally finish them, and get some closure - both on the stories themselves (Which I think I enjoy exploring just as much as my readers - at least at the point of the first draft) and just on the time of my life in general that motivated me to write them in the first place, and the things that got in the way of me finishing them.

Because I originally posted them for free back then, it's important to me that they remain free now - at least in some places - so I've been publishing on Nifty (their original home) and Literotica (A nice testing ground) and very soon I'll be posting on Wattpad too. I'll also be trying to turn them into novels when I'm done and seeing if anyone bites, first-rights issues notwithstanding. Self-publishing is a route I can take too, eventually, if something traditional or indie doesn't work out.

We'll see, is my point. But I'd really like to have physical copies one day, one way or another.

Notes on Differences: (OMY vs. AD)

Okay, this Chapter is, once again, completely different. I think we're properly starting to diverge here, although some major elements from Another Day are still going to stick, and Chapter 12 of the OMY and AD do line up, so we're still (technically) in rewrite territory

Chapter 6 marked the quarter way point, and we're now past that, so technically the part of the story that's a rewrite is now half-done. I've made a subtle change in the title of this post to reflect that, and that will carry on to Chapter 12.

Basically, with this chapter, I wanted to further develop Jay and Eric's relationship, and show off some of the cool kids a bit more. It's a little light on plot, and a bit more heavy on atmosphere and characters, but I promise there's lots of stuff that links into the overall arch here. There's even some Ellie stuff which is only really useful for my planned sequels, but that is all I shall say on that matter.

It's a little long, but at this point, I'm not too sure I care. It's within acceptable bounds, and I can always shorten and shift things later.

Beta Readers:

Instead of tacking a lengthy appeal on the end of each blog post, I've actually made a page for this, so if you want to Beta Read, check it out HERE.

Thanks to my current Beta Readers, including a new one who's joined this week, and has been very helpful. 

Thanks so much if you've been reading this story! Hopefully this chapter was enjoyable, and I hope to have another one ready soon - although it might be another two weeks again, but I haven't yet decided on a schedule. Feel free to say hi in the comments, as always.






Comments