One More Year Chapter 10 is Out! (Another Day Rewrite)

 Chapter 10 is out HERE (Nifty) and HERE (Literotica)

We've reached double digits!

I am back on track! Honestly, I blame the siren song of short stories - and the sweet, sweet allure of the possibility of making money off of my writing. NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT, of course. Since they announced it yesterday, I can now safely report that I've sold my first ever short story (for pro-rates, no less - yay) to a Kickstarter funded anthology called Xenocultivars: Stories of Queer Growth

It's really very different from what I'm doing with One More Year, because it's not a romance, or a real world setting - it's just a (hopefully uplifting) SciFi piece about about a small, non-conventional family that need to get out of an awful situation and find a happy home. The anthology is going to be filled with all sorts of Queer stories with plants and growth as a central theme, and if that sounds like your sort of thing, you can sign up for their mailing list to hear more about it HERE.

ANYWAY, with that happy news out of the way, back to business. I'd really like to finish One More Year by the end of the year, and now that I'm back on track with this one-chapter-week thing, I don't think that's going to be a problem. As the end draws near (don't worry, we're not just quite halfway yet) I'll have to consider how I want this published, but I'm just trying to keep the schedule up at the moment.

I've had some lovely emails this week, presumably from people who are mostly Nifty readers, because Literotica readers tend to comment on the site instead. One reader even donated enough money for me to buy Scrivener, which is something I've been putting off for a while. That was just... fantastic, and so kind of him. I won't mention him by name, because I like to clear that sort of thing with people before I do it, and forgot to ask in my last email - but it's very much appreciated.

The response to Chapter 9 on Literotica was... intense. Some of the reactions were quite violently anti-Eric. Which is... fair. Although it did make me wonder if I take a lot of shit from people in real life - more than I should, perhaps. But oh well. I'm not exactly unhappy with the way they're reacting to him - my more enthusiastic readers on Nifty may have looked ahead on Another Day, and seen the fuckery to come. BUT ANYWAY, on that note...

Notes on Differences: (OMY vs. AD)

So hopefully, it's pretty clear that things with Eric have tanked now. He may or may not be back. I, of course, know whether he will or not, because I have already written the whole story. But I'm determined to be coy on that point. Chapter 10 of OMY actually lines up pretty well with its corresponding chapter in AD, so that's pretty cool.

Like I mentioned last time, there was a weird thing with Jared (Jamie) and a missing book that I crammed in, but because of how I interpret the real-life people I've channelled into this story, that just strikes me as such an odd combo that I had to scrap it. Jamie's less involved with Jay's life, but he's around, for a series of minor reasons. Hopefully it works. Ellie's much better than Andrea, in my opinion - she's certainly a bit better fleshed out, at any rate.

Beta Readers:

Instead of tacking a lengthy appeal on the end of each blog post, I've actually made a page for this, so if you want to Beta Read, check it out HERE.

Thanks to my current Beta Readers. Especially Dora, who continues to persevere with me, and make time for me in her schedule. 

Thanks so much if you've been reading this story! I'm back on the weekly schedule, and feeling fairly confident that I'm going to be able to stay that way - for the foreseeable future, at least. Feel free to say hi in the comments, as always.



Comments