One More Year Chapter 11 is Out! (Another Day Rewrite)

  Chapter 11 is out HERE (Nifty) and HERE (Literotica)

I keep on keeping on!

I mean, it's not a huge achievement - I'm paring down my schedule massively so that I have time to get back to the weekly schedule, which I'm doing because it's important to me to finish One More Year before the end of this year. But still, I'm pleased to be back to a weekly schedule - this is the project I originally set out to complete, after all.

I've got two more short stories that I need to put out there, so I'll be doing that soon, and at some point I'll send the story I got from Xenocultivars on to another publication as a reprint (once I'm sure I'm within the bounds of their very permissible rights situation - Speculatively Queer is kind of amazing in the way that they treat writers.) But hopefully I'll be able to massage all that into slots around my weekly OMY schedule, and everything will go according to plan.

I have a few more ideas for (speculative fiction) short stories - that I'm just going to mull over for a while, until a deadline comes up for a submissions call that makes sense for what I want to write there. I really don't want to be in any rush with those this year though - running things past my writing group can take it's toll, and I don't want the process to tank/redirect my productivity again.

What I will probably be working on is a series of unrelated Romance/Erotica shorts that I'm going to be putting up on Amazon. I kind of feel like it would be nice to have short stories that are a draw towards my main book, and of course I just love writing varied characters and scenarios. Those I won't be running past my writing group (like I don't run OMY past them) for multiple reasons, which I'll maybe pontificate on in another blog post. 

But because they won't go through that kind of scrutiny, they shouldn't take me much more time to edit than my OMY chapters do. And will they be the most exquisitely crafted short stories, with perfecting placing, ideal plot and strong, reinforcing arcs? Possibly not. But will they be hot, and fun, and in my writing style which people (Maybe?) seem to like? You betcha. So hopefully that'll be enough.

BUT ANYWAY - I've rambled enough. To business!

Notes on Differences: (OMY vs. AD)

Oh NO. Chapter 11 of Another Day is kind of embarrassing, and I kind of don't even want to fully describe why, lest you all experience the full thrust of my shame and look down upon me with (well justified) scorn! But I suppose this writing thing is about bearing your soul, so I'll lead with an excerpt:
"I'm drunk. I'm hard and I'm HORNY." He grabbed me behind my neck and forced his tounge into my mouth, before pulling back. "You really saying you don't want this to happen?"

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, Young Bradley, WHYYYYYYYYYYY??? To let my inner white girl speak out - I literally can't even. I just hate that so much. (Also, yes, I misspelled tongue...) ANYWAY.

Nothing happens between Jay and Jamie in this chapter, this time around. Which is good - slightly less ridiculous, I feel. There are some elements that I've also introduced here (aside from the blatant smuttiness that was missing from my old work) that also speak more to Jamie's character and motivations, but I'll only be talking about that later. I just feel like this version of the chapter moves slower, and is more realistic (and brings Mel and Louis in, to boot, which is always nice - love those guys.)

And that is all I have to say about that!

Beta Readers:

Instead of tacking a lengthy appeal on the end of each blog post, I've actually made a page for this, so if you want to Beta Read, check it out HERE.

Thanks to my current Beta Readers. Especially Dora, who continues to persevere with me, and make time for me in her schedule. 

Thanks so much if you've been reading this story! I'm back on the weekly schedule, and feeling fairly confident that I'm going to be able to stay that way - for the foreseeable future, at least. Feel free to say hi in the comments, as always.




Comments