Chapter 14 of One More Year is Out!

 Chapter 14 is out HERE (Nifty) and HERE (Literotica)

Eric's back! Spooky! Yay October!

Although I do have some much more terrifying news. My html generator has been cutting off the last paragraph of every chapter. So if you've been reading on Nifty, you've been missing out. I'm not sure how serious it is, plot-wise, because it's mostly just cut off little things that are more about mood than bearing. But it's pretty annoying, because it means my chapters have been turned from these (hopefully well crafted) things in to these abruptly cut-off messes. 

I will try to sort it out soon, but I don't have the time at the moment. This week has actually been pretty hard. I've sort of taken on multiple things on top of trying to rigidly adhere to this schedule, so it doesn't look like I'm going to get a chance to relax any time soon. Deep sighs all around.

But still, it's exciting that things are happening for me, and I'm sort of facing everything down with the thought in mind that by the end of the October, I'll think all the hustling I've done this month will be worth it. Hopefully that's true, even.

One More Year itself is getting a bit harder to manage too. In the course of the rewrite, and even in my editing, I've introduced a whole bunch of new elements and plotlines. The one's I've introduced in the rewrite need honing, because I seem to be a much better writer than I was in May. Those take a lot of time, but they're still manageable.

The tricky thing is the big changes I've made while editing - because when writing, I created a lot of minor elements in the later chapters, and then went back to write them into earlier chapters - so that was fairly easy. I already knew what I was hinting at. Somehow, plotting that sort of thing is easier backwards.

But I've tweaked a few things for releases, which has resulted in some threads springing up out of nowhere, and the tricky part about those is I'm going to have to write in their resolutions now. There's still space, because I've left some gaps in the later chapters for this very reason, but the the prospect of getting them right is a little bit daunting, and I'm facing it more and more as we go on.

Hopefully I'm doing all of my sub-plots justice, but if I'm not, I've consoled myself with the fact that I can always come back and fix them later. The important thing, to me, is that I get this done, and that I get it done this year still. Preferably before my birthday, which is fortunately in December. I'd really like it if at that point I can just take a lengthy break, so I can come back to work on my next project, full of energy.

More on that next week though. MAYBE!

Beta Readers:

Instead of tacking a lengthy appeal on the end of each blog post, I've actually made a page for this, so if you want to Beta Read, check it out HERE.

Thanks to my current Beta Readers. Especially Dora, who continues to continue to persevere with me, like a goddamn hero. And thanks to everyone who's dipped in and out - even helping me for a chapter or two was great. It's just so nice to know they've passed before the eyes of some readers and nothing is obviously wrong with them.

Thanks so much for reading! I'm really optimistic about getting this book done before the end of the year, and will continue to push until I do that. So have faith, and say nice, encouraging things to me if you can. This week, I really feel like I need them. 😅





Comments