Chapter 15 of One More Year is Out!

 Chapter 15 is out HERE (Nifty) and HERE (Literotica)

I'm too tired to think of a witty heading

So that one will have to do! I feel like I have less to blog about this week, but that can't be true - I should feel very bad if I used up all my blogging energy gushing about Love, Victor. But OH WELL - there are worse causes, I suppose.

So much - so so much - has happened this last week, and I am exhausted. HAPPY, as hell, but very very tired. I probably won't even talk about it much here, because some of it is boring procedural stuff that I'm only excited about because of what it means for me, and another thing is something that I'm still thinking through my strategy on, so I'll probably save details on that for later.

The main thing - and probably what wore me out most - is that I've sent a short story of mine off to a competition with Dream Foundry. I'm very excited about that - it's the first ever short story I wrote, and I spent the weekend throwing myself at the damn thing to make sure it was up to snuff, and I'm fairly happy with the result.

I don't know if I'll win one of the prizes - first place is a lot of money, and obviously bragging rights would be fantastic. But if I can at least place as a finalist, that would be amazing, because it would be something I could put on the cover letter when I start making that story do the rounds to be sold.

The other thing - that's been pinned away for the latter half of the month - that I will be focussing on is doing the reading/outlining for my next novel. Exciting, right? I wrote OMY in a month, so I'm really excited to do the rewrite for Perfection is Overrated for NaNoWriMo, because it just kind of makes sense.

I've heard my process called "vomit drafting" - Lots of words, down very quickly, needs some serious attention afterwards. But I'm entirely happy with that, if I can achieve it again. I can't keep on a regular schedule for writing - the inspiration strikes, or it doesn't. But I can - and have - been sticking to a regular one for editing. So if the novel exists (even as a first draft - although I've half-rewritten PIO so many times now, I don't know if it counts) then I can make something out of it, and it's release is inevitable.

My publishing strategy is still up in the air. At this point, if a small press tried to court me, I'd spread my legs (metaphorically speaking) and say thank you. (Okay, maybe some thorough investigation before I just said yes, but barring red flags, I'd be on board.) I'm not sure I'm ready for the process of marching OMY - my poor baby - out there for all that scrutiny, and all those waiting periods.

And something (that thing that I'll talk about later) has also thrown an extra set of options into the ring, for this story and the next, so that's complicated things further. It was important for me to get this story on nifty, and I have no regrets about that, but I did burn my first rights and open myself up to plagiarism. 

Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite me in the ass - not something I've ever really been into. 😉

Beta Readers:

Instead of tacking a lengthy appeal on the end of each blog post, I've actually made a page for this, so if you want to Beta Read, check it out HERE.

Thanks to my current Beta Readers. Especially Dora, who continues to continue to persevere with me, like a goddamn hero. And thanks to everyone who's dipped in and out - even helping me for a chapter or two was great. It's just so nice to know they've passed before the eyes of some readers and nothing is obviously wrong with them.

Thanks so much for reading! I have survived another week, and continue to soldier on! 😅 Feel free to say hi in the comments!




Comments