Chapter 16 of One More Year is Out!

  Chapter 16 is out HERE (Nifty) and HERE (Literotica)

Sorry! I know this blog post is a little late!

I was very busy this morning, getting penetrated in a room full of strangers. By a needle. For the second shot of my COVID vaccine. Did I start out that description wrong? Oh well. (Yes, if you saw me make the same lame joke on twitter, please just ignore it and let's move past it. I forgot my phone, and I just had to sit there this morning with my thoughts - horrifying.) ANYWAY! 

Chapter 16 is here! I'm doing rolling edits of multiple chapters at a time now, so I keep having to double check the numbers. I think I sent Nifty a confusing email last night, but it seemed to have work out. My chaos has not affected me too badly... yet. (Well, in writing. I mean, you should see the state of my house right now.)

I promise I'm pretty much done introducing new characters. I think Nick should be the last. (Granted, if a name has been mentioned earlier, bringing them in now is fair game - I will cater to pedants, but not lazy pedants. Get your shit together.) This chapter was something I'm a lot more comfortable writing - the characters I've created and love just living and interacting. (While still hopefully moving the plot along.)

Last week (where the majority of the editing would have happened) was a little rough, so hopefully the chapter is still good - I did try to bounce back and get some major issues sorted, and my beta reader Dora had some excellent feedback for me, so that's all good.

 I don't if I've talked about this anywhere, but there are 24 chapters (at least, as I plan to publish them on Nifty and Literotica) and they're all of roughly the same length. So we're past the halfway point. (2/3rds of the way, in case you want me to do the maths, and I'm happy to.)

So the end is nigh. I'll hopefully be able to wrap up the subplots I've woven in (I think I have quite a few at this point) and the thought of doing that in a way that is smooth and satisfying is a little daunting. But I have faith in me! And hopefully you do to.

I have very little else to report, aside from the fact that in addition to these posts, I'm trying to put out a post every Wednesday. We'll see how that goes - I'll only do it when I have something to comment on, so if I don't, I'd rather skip it than waffle on. (Yes, really. I promise I don't just like the sound of my own keyboard clacking. Despite evidence to the contrary.)

Beta Readers:

Instead of tacking a lengthy appeal on the end of each blog post, I've actually made a page for this, so if you want to Beta Read, check it out HERE.

Thanks to my current Beta Readers. Especially Dora, who continues to continue to persevere with me, like a goddamn hero. And thanks to everyone who's dipped in and out - even helping me for a chapter or two was great. It's just so nice to know they've passed before the eyes of some readers and nothing is obviously wrong with them.

Thanks so much for reading! I have survived another week, and continue to soldier on! 😅 Feel free to say hi in the comments!



Comments