Chapter 21 of One More Year is Out!

 Chapter 21 is out HERE (Nifty) and HERE (Literotica)

This week went better!

Honestly, it was bound to, because that's a low fucking bar. But I've enjoyed myself a lot more, and lightened up my workload. My NaNoWriMo novel (Perfection is Overrated - see earlier posts) is in a weird state right now, but insofar as it's capable of being done right now, it's done. You'll be hearing more about it from me in the coming months (provided you read these posts and/or my newsletters.)

I'm still doing a fair amount of writing - I'm covering scenes I think I need to write for the Perfection is Overrated, or ones enough like them that they count as practise. Hopefully most of those will end up - one way or another - in the finished product, or some short stories of mine.

I'm also writing a lot of One More Year now, because these later chapters have been sparser. This chapter received quite an extensive reworking, but most of what was originally there has been kept, in spirit - even if I've deleted large chunks of text. This is the last chapter where it'll be this easy though. Ch 22, which is currently in the pipeline, required a complete overhaul, because of all the new elements I had to weave in. Hopefully it works.


Anyway, Chapter 21 is out, to rave reviews! (Caveat - only one so far. Nifty put it up and my most enthusiastic fan on twitter has already read and had thoughts. 😁) But hopefully people enjoy this one. Hopefully you don't read this blog before the chapter, but if you do, fair warning: I want to talk about something here that is a bit mechanical about the story, and could possibly interpreted as spoilerish.

SO IF YOU DON'T WANT EITHER OF THOSE, DON'T READ PAST THIS POINT.

So, as many of my commenters suspected: Louis. Seriously, 1000 internet points to the people who were picking it up back in Chapter 7-9, where I was only dropping the mildest of hints. But, if you're of an obsessive disposition like me, I invite you to go back and see if you can find the hint I dropped in Chapter 1. 

I don't guarantee it's a great hint - and my standard of prose in Chapter 1 is probably terrible, since I've done so much work on myself as a writer since editing that one. But there's SOMETHING that I at least tried. It's probably at least worth noting that Louis is present in that Chapter. So there is that, at the very least!

SPOILERISH THINGS END HERE.

So, that is it. That's the blog post. I had so much more to talk about with earlier ones, but I think I'll just about manage to eke out some chatter for the next few, if I'm careful and ration it. Anyway, Huzzah! Chapter 21 is out, and we now only have 3 chapters left. Please stand by! And have faith!

Thanks so much for reading and enjoying! I'm very nearly there! I've really enjoyed interacting with my readers, and although I'll possibly be a bit bad at it this month, I promise you I still see the comments and they lift my mood and make my day. So feel free to say hi! 😃





Comments