Chapter 23 AND 24 of One More Year are OUT!!!

Okay, technically, this is their weekend of their outing, but they are-or-will-be out! (Sorry, a double release felt like it still only called for one blog post.)

Chapter 23 is out HERE (Nifty) and HERE (Literotica)

AND (If it's Sunday yet)

Chapter 24 is out HERE (Nifty) and HERE (Literotica)

THAT'S A WRAP, PEOPLE!

Sorry, do I seem ridiculously excited about this? That's probably because I AM! I'm not sure this is the time to wax poetic about the full journey - I've probably done enough over the course of these blog posts anyway. But I'll just say that I set out in the beginning (middle?) of this year with one goal - finish this story. AND I DID. So that's the part I'll go on about, and then on to talking about endings.

And what an ending this has been! A big, climatic event to frame all the drama, the return of a past villain who's not nearly as intimidating as remembered, the nipping of the heel of a now ineffectual current villain. Reunited with friends and family, the main character comes into his own power. This doesn't sound like One More Year, does it? And that's because it's not - I'm dramatically going on about my own life now. Sorry, couldn't resist.

But back to business, because I actually did save up some material specifically for this blog post, so it would be a shame if I didn't use it. Especially when I had to force myself to chat about other stuff so that I could get this out. So, without further ado: That topic.

Chapters 23 & 24 were the only chapters that I hadn't already mostly written. Granted, very little of the actual content of Chapter 22 was kept anyway, and Chapter 21 was heavily reworked but mostly left intact. The last two chapters though - collectively, there were under 1500 words there (about 1/8th of what was needed) so I had to put those all down, and FAST.

And I did. The thing was, they lived in my head. They were gradually changing this whole time. That was kind of the point. I had other elements I wove in - and I'm incredibly sorry for sounding pretentious here - as the characters revealed things to me. So it wasn't nearly as hard as I though to get the words down. The sex scene was a little bit more difficult, but all in all, it went okay.

Now, the thing to remember here is that the book isn't final. My intention was always to put an early draft up on Nifty and Literotica, and put more work into it afterwards - and now I can do that. But it's still such a triumph for me that this story is now done.

Granted, Jay's journey is not over - we still have at least six years of university, and that's going be another 3-6 books, depending on how they come out. (I'm hoping the others will be shorter than this one, but I am a wordy bastard.) So I hope everyone who stuck around to the end of this is keen for more, although I'm briefly hopping to my other project before I circle back, but I'm hoping to have the follow-up to OMY ready by at least the end of next year.

If you haven't gone looking for my end-of-the-line page yet (for example, if you're reading this before reading Chapter 24) then you can find that HERE. It's basically information on how to get the Epilogue, which I'm making available to my mailing list subscribers, as well as some things you can do that will help me get One More Year on the road to getting published. Thanks for reading, and I hope everyone has amazing holidays!





Comments

  1. I have read the entire book and I must say that find to have well written. And this a book that I can't wait to buy once printed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks so much! I'm pretty excited about getting printed copies myself - it would literally be a dream come true.

      Delete

Post a Comment